Monday, September 27, 2010

Summer 2010 in Belwood

We're spending the summer in Belwood on the RV pad beside our daughter and son-in-law's new house. Technically, I guess I should be saying "spent" since summer is already over! A busy summer building a basement apartment for us to call home when we're not living in the motorhome.

Finishing a full basement with walkout is a bit like building a whole bungalow. At 1300 square feet, it's as big as a nice sized bungalow! I won't finish all that work before we head back to Nettles Island at the beginning of November, but I hope to have a bedroom and bathroom ready to accommodate us when we come back for Christmas.

Meanwhile, I keep on slugging away at the insulation and drywall . . . (instead of writing this Blog!)

I've attached a few pictures of our new digs, both outside and inside.

As the walls are going up:


A construction site (and a furniture storage warehouse!):


From the outside:
From the Front

And the back yard (not hardly finished!):
Back Yard

No comments: